Monday 8 October 2012

Day 8: Models Own Wonderland Collection

Hello everyone,

Its Day 8 of Blog-tober and today I want to show you Model's Own's latest release. Only a few weeks after they released their gorgeous Mirrorball collection, they followed it with their Christmas collection for 2012, lovingly named "Wonderland".



As you can imagine when Model's own posted the above image on Facebook, announcing that their new collection was avaliable from Boots stores nationwide. So I ran out to my local store and to my delight there they were in all their glory, and to make things even better Boots had a 3 for 2 offer on all their cosmetics! So I decided to get 4 of the colours from this collection plus another polish I hadn't seen before from last years christmas collection and to for 6th item I picked up another model's own nail art pen in silver (I already have the white and black and they are awesome!).

Today though I just want to show you the wonderland polishes as I have plan to do another blog just on last years collection, now that I have them all. So here are the 4 polishes that I picked from the new Wonderland Collection:

L-R: Jack Frost, Northern Lights, Snowflakes, Southern Nights
Now to show you in a bit more details, starting with the two holographic colour polishes:

Model's Own - Northern Lights


Northern Lights Swatch - Two coats (no topcoat)
Northern Lights is a very, very sparkly holographic pink glitter polish. The base is clear and it is packed full with fine pale pink glitter and fine holographic glitter, which sparkle so much. These photos don't do it justice as to just how sparkly this is and I think its going to look amazing for Christmas parties!

Model's Own - Southern Lights



Southern Lights - Two coats (no topcoat)
Like its sister polish Southern Lights is beautifully full of sparkle, this time with a purple hue. Its a very pale lilac more than a purple but definitely not as silver as it is coming up in my photos. This is again going to be a great colour for the party season, whether as a topcoat over or as a colour by itself.

The next two colours are defiantly meant as overcoats, for other colours  They are packed full of sparkle but would take over 4 coats to make them opaque as a polish on their own.

Model's Own: Jack Frost




This polish is a cloudy coloured base, by which I mean: its not clear but its not coloured either. Its full of iridescent glitter which switches between deep blue, teal, green, pink and violet. I'm not sure where the yellow is coming from in my photos by it definitely not visible in real life. Its a beautiful duo-glitter that changes colours in the light.

Model's Own - Snowflakes


Snowflakes - two coats (no topcoat)
Snowflakes is not what is traditionally called a glitter polish as it doesn't contain traditional glitter. Instead this clear base polish contains random cut up pieces of duo-chrome iridescent material. Unlike the silvery/blue colours of Jack Frost, this polish contains more gold/yellow tones, with hints of red, pink, purple and green. It is quite difficult to get completely flat on the nail and I have had several pieces stick up and dry quite sharp.  This polish is also alot more sparse than the others so it is a case of placing the glitter rather than just painting them on.  All that being said I think this is a gorgeous polish which is going to glam up many different plain colours I have in my collection.

The 5th colour in the collection is called "Blizzard" and is a mixed silver holographic polish in a clear base. The reason I decided not to get this polish is because I already have a lot of clear silver holographic polish from Nails Inc, Barry M and many others, so I chose to get a different colour which I didn't have duplicates of instead. But that is not to say  Blizzard is not a gorgeous colour because it is, I just happen to have a lot that are very similar.

Overall I am really happy with this beautiful winter collection from Model's Own it is going to make my winter evenings that much better when I can give myself some beautiful sparkly nails. So i suggest while the offer is still on at Boots that you get yourselves down there and check them out.

If you have already managed to get your hands on these polishes, let me know what you think in the comments below.

Love

Jude xxx
 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...