Friday 5 October 2012

Day 5: Model's Own - Boogie Nights

Hi everyone,

Today was a big day for the world of "Jude's addiction" as I started a Facebook page to help to try and let more people know about my blog and "BLOG-TOBER!". 

If you want to check it out click here, and if you click the "like" button you will get up to date information about what I'm up to and what I'm reviewing next. So go do it now, then come back and check out the gorgeous new nail design I have created using one of the polishes from Model's Own Mirrorball collection.



Model's Own - Boogie Nights over China Glaze Gothic Lolita
I ordered the Mirrorball collection as as soon as it became available on the Model's Own website and I'm glad I did as within a few days it sold out and the website says it won't be in stock again until the end of October. the parcel arrived within a couple of days and I can safely says I was very impressed with the colours! 

Today I want to talk to you about the purple in the collection which is called "Boogie Nights". All the colours have names related to disco dancing which I really like as the collection defintley reminds me of all the glitter and glam of an 60's discotheque (or how I imagine they were like, as I am obviously far to young to remember them! lol) 

All of the polishes come with coloured mirror lids which just gives them that extra WOW factor, and makes the polish look even sparklier (if that's possible?!) and the 14ml size means you would have to use these polishes alot to use them all up too quickly.

The polish inside the bottle is a clear base with several different types and colours of glitter inside. Large and small hexagons of fuchsia pink, large hexagons of deep blue, small lilac hexagons and random cuts of purple holographic  All these come together to make a deep rich glitter which has dimension and lots of sparkle.




The swatches above are 3 coats and as you can see are not quite opaque, however i think these are definatley meant to be layered as a topcoat rather than worn alone, as a colour underneath just sets the glitter off beautifully. The great thing about having all the differnet colour glitters in there also means that you can layer it over loads of different colours, meaning you will use these again and again. 

The only flaw I can find is that that the polish doesn't lay very flat on the nail, and even after applying top coat I have shards of the holo glitter sticking up and scratching me. But a couple more layers of topcoat and a bit more precision when applying and I think this problem could be avoided.

I decided to use a gradiated layer of Boogie nights over the top of China Glaze's Gothic Lolita, which is a lavender pink/purple with a blue shimmer so complimented Boogie Nights perfectly. I used two coats of Boogie Nights on the tips of my nails using only one toward the middle and leaving the beds free from glitter.

Gothic Lolita is from China Glaze's Electro Pop collection


So what do you think? Have you managed to get hold of the Mirrorball collection yet? What do you like to layer underneath Boogie Nights? Let me know in the comments below.

See you tommorrow for more from Blog-tober.

Love

Jude xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...