Monday 8 October 2012

Day 7: No7 Instant Radiance Foundation

Hello again,

Day 7 now and I wanted to tell you about the new No7 Match Made Foundation Service which Boots are offering in stores at their No7 stands.

The use a strange little machine which they hold to both your cheeks and it takes a photo of your skin and tells you the perfect shade for your skin tone.

All the colours in No7's foundation goes across all the ranges. So no matter what type of foundation you like, sheer, matt, medium coverage, dewy they all come in all the colours. Making the collection so unique to you and your skin.

Well about a week ago I went to my local Boots store and I got my foundation colour match. The colour that suited my skin tone the best is called "Soft Rose" and is alot darker and pinker than something I would have picked for myself. Which just goes to show how wrong our perception of something so personal as our skin colour can be.

I prefer a dewy finish to my foundation, with a light to medium coverage as I can suffer from blemishes and redness.  The assistant recommended to me their "Instant Radiance  foundation which also includes an SPF 15 protection.



I really like the packaging for this foundation, its clear tube helps you clearly see the colour of the foundation, and the silver lid gives a somewhat upmarket feel to the product. The pump action allows you to get just the right amount out without wasting any, and also means you should get every last drop out of the bottle.




The foundation itself is a liquid, not too runny so that it runs off your hand, but not too thick that it is hard to blend into your skin.  Despite my first reservations about the colour being quite pink, I was delighted to see that it blended into my skin beautifully leaving a light dewy finish. The coverage was very good, not too heavy  so it removed all trace of my skin underneath, but just enough that it covered most discolouration but still let my skin show through.

At first this colour looks way to dark for my skin colour

I do like the light liquid consistency

Too my surprise it blended in completely leaving my skin looking great
I decided to wear this foundation for work today as I knew I would be going to the gym afterwards and I wanted to see how it stood up against a quite rigorous work out. Well the areas where I obviously sweat the most (my chin, forehead and around my nose) it does seem to still be there. I have sweated some of it off as I would expect of most foundations, but my cheeks and temples seem to have quite a good coverage.

Overall I would say that this is probably not an everyday foundation as its bit to heavy for that, but as a evening wear make-up it would do very well, and the colour matching systems is awesome, as it picks the right colour, not the colour you think your skin is.

Have any of you tried the match made service yet? If so what did you think? Where you surprised by the colour you were given? Let me know in the comments below.

Love

Jude xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...