Thursday 4 October 2012

Day 4: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

Hi,

We are 4 days into October and today I am reviewing Revlon's Balm Stain's. They look very simular to Clinque Chubby Sticks, but at half the price they are the more affordable option. I have two colours to test out: 005 Crush and 020 Lovesick.




The packaging colours are very true to shade and there are currently 12 shades available ranging from nudes to pinks, plums and reds. the pencil like tip and the silver twist end makes them easy to use.



005 Crush



Crush appears in the packaging to be a very dark plum colour, which to some may be very daunting a not a colour they would wear everyday  However due to the style of the balm, the colour is not very opaque and therefore does not appear as strong as you would first think.  This not to say however that the colour is completely translucent, it is not, the hint of colour is strong enough to be noticed but not overbaring.




Lovesick is anouther of the more noticable colours in the collection, a bright fuschia pink in the packaging, the colour is not completely opaque on the lips but still very bright. 


Left to right: Lovesick and crush


The texture of the balm stains is very soft on the lips and only slightly sticky. From the few times I have worn these balms, they have not been very long lasting, with the inner section of my lips fading leaving the stained line around the edge. But the simplicity of the application of this balm means it's not too much hassle to reapply every now and then.

Overall I am quite pleased with these balms and may go back to get some of the more nude colours. However the one thing that I do not like about these balms is the fragrance of the balms themselves, its an odd combination of strong peppermint and as much as I hate to say it but it smells like wood varnish. Once on the lips you don't notice the smell at all so its not too much of a problem, but as soon as you take off the lid it is very noticable, and may put some off.

Let me know if you have tried these balm stains or maybe one of the other colours in the range? Do you like the scent or does it put you off buying anymore? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think.

Love

Jude xxx

2 comments:

  1. crush is definitely on my wishlist.. i have lovesick and it is my favorite one! :]

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for them to come on offer again at Boots so I can go get more. What do you think of the frangrance though? does it put you off?

    Jude x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...