Saturday 13 October 2012

Day 11: Topshop limited edition Louise Gray Lipstick

Hi,

A few weeks ago I showed you the selection of make-up I got from Topshop, and so today I thought I would show you the lipstick from that haul, which has been created by designer Louise Gray.

Louise was born in Fraserburgh, Scotland and studied at The Glasgow School of Art in textile design and Central Saint Martins, where she completed her MA. Her clothing designs are full of bright colours, geometric shapes, graffiti and monochrome and her make-up collection, created by Topshop is no different. From the packaging design to the colour selection, she has certainly stamped her style on this range.






The inner packaging is just a bold as the box and makes a stark contrast to Topshop's usual matt black and white colour palette. However it still blends in with their permanent range with the sketchy hand drawn lines and the matt vs glossy mix.



There were only 2 lipsticks in this collection, a bright orange/red or a bright pink. As I already have a large amount of reds lipsticks in my collection I decided to go for the pink. Its called "Legend" and I can see why, as its a colour you wear everyday, its one that requires confidence and attitude to pull off.






The colour is highly pigmented and applies to the lips smoothly without stickiness. It's soft creamy texture feels gorgeous on the lips and if you apply twice with blotting in between will stay on with very minimal transfer.  

Let me know in the comments below if you have tried Legend, or if you've tried the other colour "Mexican Wave" ?

Love Jude x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...