Sunday 7 October 2012

Day 6: Real Techniques- Starter Brush Set

Hello

Firstly I want to apologise for missing yesterday's blog, not that there should be any excuses but my laptop ran out of battery and I didn't have a charger to hand, so instead I will be doing both yesterday and today's reviews today!

Secondly I want to let you know about a couple of ladies who I admire and look up to very much. Known collectivly as "Pixiwoo" Sam and Nic Chapman are sisters who have been making make-up demonstration video's on youtube for a number of years now and are amazing at what they do. Along with anouther couple fo lady vloggers on youtube such as "FleurDeForce" and "LisaElderidgeDotCom" they have inspired me to start this blog and to share my love of cosmetics.

So when I discovered that Sam had teamed up with "Real Techniques" to make some gorgeous make-up brushes I had to get them and try them out.  There are around 19 brushes to collect in total, including 2 sets that are available in the UK at Boots stores.


The two sets are called the Core Collection and the Starter Set, both names implying that the kits are essential, but I decided to begin with the starter set as this included the smaller brushes relating more to eye shadow which I tend to use more than the blusher and foundation brushes found in the core kit.






The kit includes 5 brushes, all with a gorgeous metallic purple finish.
The brushes are:

Duluxe crease brush - A round soft blending brush


This is one of the softest brushes I've ever owned and it works great for blending to make a gorgeous smokey eye or will also work well to add a light bit of shimmer.

Base shadow brush: Good for applying eye shadow or highlighter, but also
 works great as a blush to add concealer under the eye.


Again a very soft brush, I love the two tone bristles, they add to the sophisticated look of the brushes and allow you see just how much product you have picked up.

Accent brush: Small flat brush great for getting shadow under the eye

the side view to see the flatness.

This brush is so handy, it fits perfectly under the eye for adding colour, to a smokey eye or any other shadow design.

Pixel-point eyeliner brush

For an eyeliner brush I was expecting this to be a lot thinner. However when wet the bristles combine to make a great fine line brush, and when dry it makes a great soft smudgy liner.

Brow Brush: Stiff angled brush great for adding colour to your brows
or adding angles of liner

Over all I love these brushes, they will definitely be a staple in my everyday make-up bag. The carry case they come in is also really handy, it folds up to protect the brushes in travel but also folds down to make a great stand to hold them when your applying your make-up.

The case will fit more than just the brushes you get with the kit
It will also fold back and make the brushes easily available great for when your in a rush
These brushes are avaliable from Boots, Amazon and of course Real Techniques website, I really suggest your check them out as they are really popular and for good reason. They are soft, easy to use and beautifully made.

Let me know if you have any of these brushes already, and what you think of them. Maybe you've got the core collection or one of the other singularly packaged brushes. Let me know in the comments below.

Love

Jude xxx

2 comments:

  1. I have this too and i absolutely love them! Great review :)

    Vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky, I just can't get over how soft they are?! Will definetley be asking for some more for christmas!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...