Thursday 3 January 2013

Review: Sleek - Base Duo Kit

Hi,


My local Superdrug store has recently had a bit of a renovation and in the process their make-up section has been greatly improved. To my delight this has meant that their Sleek Make-up UK stand has got bigger and I have been taking full advantage. The biggest addition to the Sleek stand is the foundation section, there are so many different products and shades ranges within those. So I thought I would check them out and see how they compare to other foundations out there.




Although both liquid, and power compacts where available I decided I was going to go for the duo compact, even though it was slightly more expensive at £13.00, my skin is dry to combination so sometimes just I need full coverage foundation and sometimes I can get away with just a powder. So to have both in the same compact seemed very handy.

The matte black packaging with the glossy logo on the top gives a very classy feel to the compact but I do worry it will get quite dirty in my hand bag, and the fact that it is nearly an inch deep makes it quite bulky considering its a compact, and the sharp cut corners don’t make it very comfortable to hold.




Inside the compact is a 2 inch mirror and the powder foundation. The powder section is hinged and underneath that is the cream foundation along with another mirror. Now while I see that having the second mirror is very useful if you are just using the cream section of the compact, I think that this has added to the weight of the compact as a whole which again makes it feel quite bulky. 

The other thing that surprised me with the packaging of this compact was that no sponge or powder puff is included. Now whether this is because it would have meant making the compact even bigger or that they couldn't find a sponge that would work for both powder and cream I don’t know but if you don’t have any brushes or sponges handy your fingers will work just fine.




The cream foundation feels very soft on my fingers and melts into a liquid as you touch it. The coverage is pretty high which I wasn’t expecting and blends into the skin quite well. It did leave my face feeling slightly cakey but maybe if used with a brush you could blend it slightly more to get reduce this.

The powder is soft and velvety; with no sheen or shimmer it is completely matte and leaves a very smooth finish by itself or over the top of the cream base.

Overall I think the product inside this compact is really nice, and you get a good amount of it for the money. However I think the outer packaging needs a bit of work as it is a bit too square and bulky. Still glad I bought it though and will make a good base for a night out I think?

A selection of Sleek products is available on Superdrug’s website with the full collection on Sleek’s own website. If you haven’t heard of this brand before I urge you go try out their eyeshadow compacts they are amazing!

Have you tried any of the Sleek products? let me know in the comments below, I love to hear from you.

Love 

Jude xxxx

2 comments:

  1. i love sleek as a brand... i have their blush by 3 and i swear by them! sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jude, I bought the Sleek limited edition Arabian Nights eye shadows. They are gorgeous colours and last for hours with no creasing. This is my first sleek product and I am definitely going to take a look at this other products. I quite like the look of the foundation and powder duo so might try that and buy some brushes.

    Thanks for your really helpful review, which is just what I was looking for. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...