Saturday 19 January 2013

Review: Nails Inc. - Bling it on: Leather & Skulls Pt. 2

Hi

Welcome to part 2 of my review of Nails Inc.'s Leather & Skulls Nail polishes, In this post I will be looking at the tan colour (click here for part 1 and the review of the black polish).








The packaging is very similar to the black shade however the image on the front is slightly less 'Rock n roll' to appeal to ladies who don't like wearing dark in your face polish but still want the leather effect. The kit also includes the nail glue, cuticle stick and 4 crystal skulls but this time they are in gold to compliment the tan polish. 





As with the black polish the Tan polish bottle has a leather cap however with this colour the cap is more tan and the polish inside appears to be slightly more nude however on the yellow side of nude to keep it close to tan leather. The name of this colour is 'Soho Mews' which seems very appropriate name for a very trendy yet classic style polish.




The polish is the exact same formula as the black, as it is opaque with one coat, although needs 2 for bolder colour and more defined texture and has a very fast drying time. As I was painting onto a sample nail rather than my own I found it very easily to apply the crystal skull using the glue and cuticle stick, however I think this might be slightly trickier on your own nails but the result is so gorgeous it will be well worth the hassle.

As I mentioned above you can see the colour of the polish is slightly more nude than the tan leather lid but I think this is a good decision because the yellow tones in the a tan colour would make the polish less suitable for lighter skin tones, so by adding slightly less yellow and more pink tones it opens up the number of people who can wear this polish.

Overall another well done to Nails Inc. for creating a unique polish with classic style that a lot of women will fall in love with.

I would also just like to add that currently the tan and the black polishes are they only colours available on the high street however at QVC in the UK they are selling a burgundy colour as part of a 7-piece fast fashion set. I have ordered this because it also contains one of the new feather effect polishes that will be coming out at the beginning of march. I will be reviewing these as soon as they arrive so keep your eyes peeled for some more Nails Inc. reviews coming soon.

Do you love Nails Inc. polishes? How big is your collection if your do? tweet me a photo @judes-addiction I'd love to see!

Love

Jude xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I nominated you for the Leibster blog award! http://ch3rrybomb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...