Monday 9 April 2012

Nails Inc's & O.P.I Mash-up

Hello again,


Apologies for not posting yesterday when I said I would, after getting home late from the BBQ, yesterday seemed to fly by and I was fighting to cram everything in. 


Don't be too sad though, because it means I have a two things to talk to you about today. The first being the the new manicure I did last night. It involves 3 different brands but I think they look so good together I may mix and match more often. The main colour is by Nails Inc and it is called "Warwick Way". If you are not familiar with the Nails Inc polishes, they are a British Company whose polishes are all named after streets in London, with their most popular polish being named after the location of their first salon on South Molton Street. I adore Nails Inc polishes especially the creme colours they bring out. They come in an amazing array of colours and are so easy to apply, Warwick Street is no different.

Nails Inc - Warwick Way
After several attempts this is the best photo I could get of the colour, as in real life it appears much more green, or what I would describe as a nearly-neon teal. The colour on my nails is more accurate. 


The second polish I used is by OPI, its called "Rainbow Connection" and is from their Muppets Collection that came out in the Winter of 2011. I was bought this particular polish for Christmas as part of a set, and will be showing you the second part of that set in a few weeks time.  Its an amazing glitter polish that as the name suggests contains a rainbow of small glitter and hexagon glitter.  The glitter is set in a clear base, so although with multiple coats this could be used on its own, it works a lot better as a layering polish. 
O.P.I - Rainbow Connection
I would suggest that one layer of this polish is best if you want to see the base colour, but it is not very self-settling. by that I mean that you will find yourself having to move the glitter around the nail so it looks more even, but using two coats gives too much coverage I find.  Never the less I still love this polish as it goes with any colour you care to put it with, for that extra bit of sparkle!  

On a side note Model's Own have recently teamed up with Head Kandi and created a polish very similar to this called "Ibiza Mix" so I will be doing a direct comparison for you gals within the next few weeks.

Finally to make this manicure just a bit different I decided to use a Matte topcoat I got at the end of last year from Boots. It is by Boots own brand 17, and I believe only cost me around £2 or £3.
Boots 17 - Matte Top Coat
I am super impressed with this Top Coat only having used it once or twice, it has never failed to create a completely different look to my manicure. It applies very easily and dries very quickly, you can actually watch the polish go from shiny to matte before you eyes, its quite mesmerizing! I would recommend using two coats just to be sure, as it appears to go on quite thin. Other than that though I haven't had any real problems with this drug store polish and considering how much you can pay for high-end matte polishes, this is a cheap alternative to create your own.
Having just realised how long this post is I think I will put the second part of my day's events into a separate one, so I hope you have enjoyed reading this and that it as been helpful/informative.


Please leave your comments below on how I am doing so far, I would love your feedback to help me make this a better blog for you gals to read.


Love Jude


xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...