Monday 19 November 2012

Review: China Glaze Holiday Joy Collection: All That Glitters set


Hello,

Recently whilst waiting for an appointment that I was early for, I noticed that I was right next to my local Sally store. I thought what better way to waste my time then to go in and browse through all the latest collections of polish they have. To my delight and surprise they had China Glaze’s complete Holiday Joy collection in and even better a 3 for 2 offer on them all.
When I saw the mini sets meant I would get 8 of the polishes and then a full size one free, it was a deal I couldn't pass up and nearly ran across the store to the till to check if it was true. Sure enough I was right so I am now the proud owner of 9 of the Holiday joy collection polishes and I couldn't be happier with the selection this year.

The first box set I want to show you is “All That Glitters”. It contains 4 beautiful glitter polishes that have most certainly put me in the Christmas spirit.





Despite being smaller bottles than the full size you still get a lot of product, compared to other brands. For instance OPI mini polishes contain 3.75ml compared to the full size 15ml. These China Glaze “mini’s” contain 9.6ml nearly 3 times more than OPI. So to me I was quite happy with not getting them all full size because it meant I got a bigger selection of colours.






3 coats photographed in sunlight
3 coats photographed in the shade

Pure joy is a clear base glitter polish with a large proportion of red micro glitter interspersed with bright gold hexagon glitter. On swatching it lies really smooth and was almost opaque at 2 coats so I think 3 would make it totally opaque. I think this would look stunning layered over a deep red so that both glitters could shine through, or if you wanted to go all burlesque/vamp style it would look hot layered over an opaque black with a matte topcoat.





2 coats photographed in the sunlight
2 coats photographed in the shade

Glitter all the way is a fun bright multi coloured glitter which makes me think of walking though my city centre in the evening when the Christmas lights are all up and the whole place seems to radiate this warm glow. The polish has a clear base with gold, red and deep purple micro glitter mixed with hexagon glitter in a rich forest green. It was opaque in 3 coats and would look fabulous by itself but I think would work beautifully layered on top of most colours, but my favourite would be a deep holly green.




Here you can just about see the holographic sparkle
2 coats photographed in the sunlight
2 coats photographed in the shade
Champagne Kisses is a classy rose gold/coppery glitter which will definitely brighten up any outfit you wear this Christmas and beyond. It is a very dense mix of yellow and rose gold micro glitter in a clear base. They are only just noticeable in the bottle but more so on the nail when in bright lights, but I think there is also a smidgen of iridescent glitter in there too, as occasionally I catch sight of a bright blue, purple or green sparkle. The polish is completely opaque in 2 coats (thus showing you how dense the glitter is) and it dries beautifully smooth.





2 coats photographed in the sunlight, you can just see the holographic glitter
2 coats photographed in the shade, still can just make out the holographic glitter

Angel wings is the star of this set for me as it is a stunning gold holographic glitter that is opaque in 2 coats as well. What I love about this polish apart from the obvious super holographic sparkly gorgeousness is the shade of gold they have chosen to use. It is not your typical bright yellow gold but instead a slight antique, dirty gold which I think just sings Christmas to me. It makes me think of the 3 wise men bringing gold, frankincense and myrrh, and although baby Jesus might not have been too happy with a bottle of nail polish as his gift I’m pretty sure Mary would have loved it as much as I do!

So if you get the chance to purchase this set before the festive season properly arrives I would defiantly advice you do, as I don’t think you will be disappointed. But stay tuned for my second box set which I will be reviewing soon.

Have you got any of the polishes from this collection yet? If so what are your favourite shades? Let me know if the comments box below.

Sorry its been such a long time since I have written, life has been getting in the way again, but I promise to try harder to stay on top of things. 

Love Jude x

3 comments:

  1. I love Champagne Kisses, it's so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the red, very Christmassy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait till you see the reds in the other mini set, they are just gorgous too! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...