Monday 26 November 2012

Review: Barry M Limited Edition Christmas Nail Polish

Hi,

Like I'm sure many other avid Barry M fans I was really excited when I saw their post on Facebook about their limited edition Christmas nail polishes that they are bringing out this winter. Two are to be released in Superdrug stores on the December 5th and another two are released in Boots stores only on November 28th, so I was making sure I saved my penny's so that I could get them as soon as they arrived in my local stores.

Today I went into my local Superdrug on my lunch hour as I had just been paid and thought i would treat myself to some new make-up (like I need any more) since i would be spending most of my pay on other people's Christmas presents.  And much to my surprise in the Barry M section of the store, there sat the 2 new Barry M limited edition Christmas polishes that weren't due out for another 10 days! This can't be i thought to myself? but sure enough there they were, and before anyone could take them back of the shelves i ran to the till and purchased them both!




They are gorgeous colours if not very inventively named. The bottles just say "SLE 2012 A" and "SLE 2012 B" although on their Facebook page they refer to them as "Christmas blue" and "Christmas Glitter" which I much prefer.



"Christmas Blue" is a pale silvery teal blue in colour and a very sparkly, shimmery foil in consistency.  It applies opaque in 1 coat but I think 2 coats gives it more lustre. It's a super pretty alternative to the traditional reds greens and golds that you get this time of year and will go great with the aqua/teal eye shadow trend which seems to be hot this season.




"Christmas Glitter" is super pretty with large and small hexagon glitters in a clear base. The glitter is in 3 colours, deep blue, forest green and bright red, which seem quite traditional colours but a modern way somehow.  The consistency is quite runny and this is definitely a glitter you have to place rather than just brush on, and the drying time is a litter longer than normal Barry M polishes but on top of black this polish looks stunning! I don't think you would ever be able to place this well enough for it to be opaque and you would waste a lot of polish trying, but I am quite happy to try this out with other colours underneath as I think its going to give you lots of different effects of different colours.

I'm so glad I managed to get these early so you can see just how stunning they are, and i have tried my local boots but no such luck with the other two Christmas colours as yet, but I will let you see swatches as soon as I have them in my mitts!

Let me know what you think of these new polishes in the comments below, and I'd love to know if your local Superdrug has got them on the shelves early too!

More to come soon

Love Jude xxx


2 comments:

  1. I picked these up too, I love the blue one so much and posted about it on my blog, I really wanted the two from Boots but never found them in my store, did you pick the others up, if you did I'd love to see swatches. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, I managed to get the pink from Boots but the Gold was gone. I'll post some swatches soon. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...