Friday 17 August 2012

Review: Maybelline New York – Superstay 24hr Lip Colour


Hi again,

My experience with lip gloss started as a child where you get them in little selection boxes at Christmas or birthday and they are thick, sticky and although they probably didn’t smell very nice, you would like your lips because it tasted so nice that you’d be lucky if it lasted more than 5 minutes.

but its sooo tasty...!!?!!
I am so happy to say that in my later years I have discovered what proper lip gloss is and that it shouldn't feel or smell like those I remember from my childhood, however I do still struggle to find a gloss that lasts more than an hour at most, and if you are eating or drinking it becomes near enough impossible not to leave lipstick marks over glasses or cutlery.

After being recommended Maybelline’s Superstay 24hr Colour Lip Gloss by a friend, who said she struggled to get it off at the end of a night out, my hope was lifted and I went to Boots to purchase it it straight away although still slightly dubious of the claims it made, when I got home to try it out I was very surprised by the results.






The packaging states that this colour contains a “Flex-Formula” that is “No-Transfer”, “Non-Drying” and wears for up to 24 hours.  All you have to do is paint on the colour like a gloss, wait for it to try completely and they apply the balm over the top, and reapply if necessary.  The colour and balm come in a handy double ended pen, which would fit neatly in your handbag for a night out. 

The colour I chose was Rose Quartz which as the name might suggest has a rose gold/copper colour tone with flecks of shimmer rather than glitter. The scent is very sweet with hints of vanilla and strawberries, and the colour when applied to the lips becomes very sheer almost nude, but this allows for the shimmer to reflect and refract light everywhere.

 




While the colour is drying it is best to keep your lips apart as they become very sticky and almost like glue if you they get stuck together.  They become dry in about 30 seconds to a minute and then you apply the balm which glides on like hot butter. Your lips instantly lose the sticky feeling and become smooth and soft, without feeling greasy.



After rigorous testing I can say that in my opinion this lip gloss/colour is kiss-proof and smudge-proof and after going out to dinner with my family and coming home to find I still have to wash the colour off my lips I can safely say it is food and drink proof as well.
 
I am really impressed with this product although I’m not sure I’d call it a lip gloss, more a lip colour as they balm gives your lips a more pearl texture than gloss. However I still think it’s a must have for a girls going out make-up kit. I think I have to try out so more colours just to be sure...hehe!

See you all again soon

Love

Jude xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...