Sunday 9 September 2012

Review: Bare Minerals – Round the Clock Waterproof Eyeliner

Hi


It was Bare Minerals' Facebook page that reminded me of their newest addiction to their make-up collection, and lucky for me there are several Bare Minerals counters in the city centre where I work.  Their post read:

"Enjoy hours and hours of sleek long-wearing colour with Round the Clock Waterproof Eyeliner. This creamy easy-glide formula smoothes on vividly and effortlessly for a waterproof line that won't smudge, run or fade through the day.
 Infused with vitamin E to moisturize eyes."

Well on a tag line like that I couldn’t resist going and trying it out. When I got there the girl on the counter was busy so left to my own devises I began to browse the different colours available and to my surprise there was a very varied selection of 8 colours to choose from although none very different colour-wise to what is on the market already.  There is a deep plum/purple “5PM”, two browns; one which is a chocolate suede called “9PM” and a rich brown called “7PM”, a dark charcoal grey “11PM”, a grey/green smoky moss “11AM”, a navy blue “noon” and oddly enough two blacks an almost black described as black coffee ”8PM” and a true black called of course “Midnight”.  I decided to go for one of the more unusual colours and chose “Noon” as I already have an extensive collection of black and brown kohl’s. So I paid my £14 and went back to my desk to wait until I could go home and try it out properly.





The packaging is their standard matte black with elements of gloss (for instance the colour swatch on the end of the pencil), it’s nothing too fancy but it does its job.  For the £14 though I thought I would be getting a retractable pencil but alas when I took off the lid I found it was a sharpen-able pencil but I must say I do like the black wood used instead of the traditional. It makes the pencil look much more sleek and classy. The kohl itself matches the colour on the box and on the end of the pencil very accurately which is good and on swatching on my hand I agree with their statement about the creamy easy-glide formula.





On my eyelids the pencil slide across my eye with no pulling or dragging, although because it is so soft the point on the end disappears very quickly and this makes getting a neat line more difficult, so have a sharpener handy. The product stays blendable for a few seconds giving you enough time to create a rough, slept-in rocker chick eyeliner or if left will set to a perfect line. The colour was as they said very vivid and even on my waterline was bright and colourful.
Not being someone that has ever been able to cry on queue (despite what my brothers would tell you about me as a child) I wanted to test their “waterproof” claim as I was dubious. So I splashed my face with water from the sink to simulate getting caught in the rain and much to my disappointment I looked up to see that the line had faded and that if I touch my eye at all the liner moved and pretty much rubbed off. So I wouldn’t like to say that this make-up is completely waterproof BUT before we start righting it off altogether the next day I thought I would try it again to see how long it lasted during the day and while driving to work was nearly blinded by a stranger in the sky to us all in England the sun. This made my eyes water tremendously and so as soon as I had parked the car I got out my compact to check how my make-up had faired. To my surprise my eyeliner was still in place on both my lid and my waterline. 

So by waterproof I don’t think that bare minerals means you could go swimming underwater and not have your eyeliner budge but it does mean if you need a good cry or hay fever or sunlight make your eyes water, the situation won’t be made worse by making you look like a panda afterwards.
Have you tried out one of the other colours yet? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

See you soon

Love

Jude xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...