Wednesday 27 June 2012

Review: 17 Wild Metallic Cream Eyeshadow

Hi everyone,


I've been testing out some new cream eyeshadows this week that caught my eye in Boots at the weekend. They are by the 17 which is Boots own make-up brand and at only £3.99 for 12ml of product I had trouble deciding which colours to get. In the end I settled for Wild Green and Wild Purple, as they are two colours that complement my colouring quite well.


The packaging is very packaging is very clean and simple (clear plastic jar with black screw lid) and I like the leopard print detailing on the top label:


I like the cute packaging, clean and simple
The Purple eyeshadow is a more a lilac with the obvious metallic shimmer. The green is somewhere between an olive and a sage green and almost glitters in sunlight.




The texture is soft and creamy and glides onto the skin, the colours come across just as vibrant and shimmery on the skin.
Wild Purple and Wild Green - With flash
Wild Purple and Wild Green - Without flash
While these colours swatch well on my arm, after trying them out on my eyelids I found that they creased pretty badly. They blend easily as a single colour all over the eyelid but the fact they crease after little over an hour means they don't work very well on their own. However if you put a powder eyeshadow over the top these creams work amazingly as a coloured primer. I know that's not what they are meant for but I'd rather use them for that than just never use them again.


I think from all the good reviews I have read on Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24hr eyeshadow, I will be checking those out instead of buying any more from 17.


See you soon


Jude


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...