Sunday 17 November 2013

MAC Holiday Collection 2012: Guilty Passions - Brilliantly Cool

Hey everyone, 
So after being MIA for almost 10 months I am finally back at my laptop ready to review the gorgeous make-up, nail polish and beauty products that have been gracing my cupboards and drawers along with taking a look at all the amazing new products that are on the way. And to be quite frank I could not be more excited! While the time I have taken off was definitely needed and this is not to say that there will not be times in the future where I will need to take a little more time off, it has felt like I am missing a leg or somthing not being able to write for you guys. 

So without further a due lets get started with a product that I managed to get my hands on almost a year ago and have been dying to show you...



 Last year MAC's holiday collection was themed around the delicate and the fabulous. All the packaging was pastel and black, with padded silk compacts and box sets all set off with goregous shiney black bows. 
I managed to get my hands on one of the box sets know as 'Guilty Passions - Brilliantly Cool' which is quite an accurate description, because I'm pretty sure the money was meant to spent on someone else's Christmas present... (whoops!)

The packaging has been beautifully thought out, looks stunning sat on my shelf. A small round hat box looking object, it is made from very sturdy cardboard and decoarted with a perfectly formed hard plastic bow on the top. 


The pastel green colour of the box gives a clue to what's inside this selection but came in the same colour for the other 2 colour options (Tenderly Warm -Golds/Bronzes, Sweetly Smoky - Pinks/purples)


The inside of the box is lined with all black, which makes the stunning pigments located inside stand out beautifully. You get 4 pigments within this gift set each with 3g of product.


The selection includes 2 greens, one silver/white and a bronze/green that changes in the light.



Spruced is deep pine green and the darkest colour in the collection. It defintley reminds me of a Christmas spruce tree and will work as a stunning addition to a black smokey eye for the party season.  I'd recommend using a flat eyeshadow brush to apply these pigments, and pat them on rather than brush them on, as you are likely to take more off than you put on, and if your anything like me you want to wear as much of these as you can!



Moss Garden is lighter much more silvery green, although has almost holographic qualities and can reflect gold and turquoise in certain lights. This pigment can also look quite grey/steel so a very versitle addition to my collection



She's got class is a very creamy white pigment that is not translucent in any way and applies very bright. I think this is going to blend well with a lot of colours from all around the spectrum and will work great as an accent colour in the inner corner of the eye. 



The final colour in this selection is I've got a crush on you and is somewhat of a transformative colour looking very bronze/chocolate in the shade but turning almost pine green in the light. This is the colour I have used the most just because of its colour changing abilities. I have been layering it over a brown smokey eye to give that extra sparkle and have received compliments every time I have worn it.




For the swatches above and below all of the pigments have been applied dry with a flat eyeshadow brush to dry skin. They are all really highly pigmented and very metallic. I think the less is more approach is probably the best when using these products, as I found a little goes a very long way! However that is not to say you couldn't cover your whole eyelids in these, because I think it would look fabulous, maybe a combination of Spruced and Garden moss?

Overall I think this selection is a great addition to anyone's make-up collection. It has the darkness of Spruced and the light variety of Moss Garden, with the classic colour of She's got class, and the unique addition of I've got a crush on you compliments them all beautifully.

Did you manage to get any of this collection last year? Leave me comment below letting me know what you think, I love to read them. You can also contact me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, I love hearing from you and checking out what products you've been using

I hope you've enjoyed reading my first post back, and look forward to more coming very soon.

Love Jude

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...